Aug 16 – Maricopa County Attorney’s Office Citizen Academy
August 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office Citizens (MCAO) Academy is a free, one-day program of presentations and activities designed to educate members of the public about the unique role the MCAO plays in the criminal justice system.
Participants will hear from prosecutors and subject matter experts during a series of presentations that provide an insider’s view of the nation’s third largest prosecutorial office.
The Citizens Academy has been recognized with a 2015 NACo Achievement Award!
At the award-winning MCAO Citizens Academy you will:
- Gain a better understanding of MCAO’s role in the criminal justice system
- Learn how a case is submitted, reviewed, and charged
- Learn about MCAO’s programs and services
- View a crime scene reconstruction
- See how a cold case is investigated
- Decide how to charge a felony case
- Learn about crime prevention programs
Who should attend:
- Maricopa County residents interested in criminal justice
- Neighborhood watch and community groups
- Business and civic organizations
- Trade and professional associations
- Students and educators
- Elected officials and public service professionals
The MCAO Citizens Academy is held once a month from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. A light breakfast and lunch are included for all participants. All participants must be 18 or over to attend.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the registration form below. 2022 Program Dates
April 19-Full — May 17 — June 21
July 19 — August 16 — September 20 — October 18 — November 15
Classes fill up quickly, please submit your registration form at least three weeks before your selected date. If the class for your selected date is full, we’ll contact you to reschedule.
Questions? For any questions, or further information, please contact us at 602-506-3411.